Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years Resolution - MissionStatement

My New Years Resolution was to be a better person, husband, father, friend, and brother thus improving myself in Masonry. I follow our Most Worshipful Brother's Tom McCarthy's Grand Master of MN for 2009-2010 Blog and he had a very nice article on "A Mission Statement for the New Year. So I am going to attempt to put in words what I would like to accomplish and maybe some items that will help me achieve improving myself in Masonry

My personal Mission Statement would be shortened to Improve myself as Individual and in Masonry.

1. I will improve my spiritual faith by attending church on a more regular basis, through prayer, reading my Bible, and reflecting on my actions. I will keep my Lord and God as one of main main priorities.
2. I will work on improving myself as an individual by doing the best I can and not holding back. I will treat people the way I would want to be treated. I will try to listen more and be more more understanding. I will work on controlling my temper and treat people with respect. I will keep my family as one of my other priorities in life.
3. I will improve myself in Masonry by living my life with integrity and extending the hand of brotherly love out to help those in need. I will read more books on Masonry so I may gain further light in Masonry. I will become more proficient in our ritual work.