Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Counting My Blessings!

While Kathy and I were visiting with people after church last Sunday, I was standing by the preacher and gentleman told us that he came to church with a heavy heart. My first thought was not what I expected it to be. The individual stated that the family had to make a decision on pulling the plug on his niece who was 30 years old. He stated she was born with an illness and was not expected to live past the age of two. Now they are just waiting for the Lord to take her home.

My first thought was there something going on with the gentleman and his health, his job or home. The individual later told me that he had lost his left arm in a farming accident nearly thirty years ago. This person heard that during church they needed volunteers to help delivery the Poinsettias from Christmas to the shut ins. He was wanting to help make the deliveries. He was wanting to help others in their time of need more than worrying about his own concerns.

This made me think that no matter what our problems might be, there is always someone out there who are really struggling with their own problems, whether it be health, family, housing, clothing, food, etc.

So as the year draws to an end I want to reflect and count my blessings from the Lord especially my faith:

Family: My wife Kathy, Matt, Annie, Brynn, brothers, sister, and in-laws.

Masonry: This year I was honored to be appointed by the Grand Master of MN Mason to the position of Junior Grand Steward. I have been involved with the new Kids ID Program be rolled out by the Grand Lodge. Taking a plural membership with Monticello Lodge #16. Attending different masonic events around the area, including visiting lodges and Order of Eastern Star events. I also have such wonderful brothers and sisters in masonry that are truly like family to Kathy and I. I don't know what we would do without them.

Friends: We have been blessed with some wonderful friends from church and work who are not part of the masonic family, but they are still like family to us.

Health: I am thankful for my continued improvement after having my right hip completely replaced on December 7 th. A new hip with less pain than I had before. The good Lord does answer prayers.

My thought and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. I hope that no matter what might be taking place in your life that you will take a moment to reflect and count your blessings!

No comments: